Wednesday 1 October 2014

REVIEW | MAYBELLINE COLOR DRAMA LIP PENCILS






You have probably seen a fair few posts over the last few weeks about these new Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils, but I thought I would add in my thoughts on them anyway!  I love a good lipstick, and I've mentioned in a previous post that I bought the shade Nude Perfection recently and I've been loving it, so I thought I'd add a couple more shades to my collection. 

I chose the berry/wine colour Keep It Classy, and a fabulous red called Light It Up which I love.  The finish is velvet matte, and as you can see from the photos, they are extremely good quality and have brilliant colour payoff.  Nude Perfection is probably still my favourite shade out of the three; I find myself wearing it most days and it is perfect for creating the 90s look that I am loving at the moment.  The berry shade is the perfect colour to compliment autumn and winter, I don't own anything similar to this so I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of it!  Light It Up is a classic red, and I love the glamourous, old Hollywood look it has.  Being in pencil form makes it easy to apply neatly, but it still needs a lip liner worn with it to stop the colour smudging and looking awful! 

I'm really impressed with these lip pencils so far, they are a bargain at £4.99 and a good high street alternative to a certain popular high end product too apparently..!  

Have you tried any of these lip pencils?  What do you think of them? xx







SHARE:

24 comments:

  1. I wrote a review about these the other day.. I love them! They are so lovely.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    enter my big blog giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing I really want to get my hands on them. The nude shade is right up my street x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Nude Perfection but I'm worried that I'm too pale to pull it off. I have seen some gorgeous colours in the collection though, it's good to see such a positive review about such an affordable product!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm as pale as they come so trust me, you can pull it off! x

      Delete
  4. This is actually the first review I've read about these, I only saw them in the store the other day. They look really creamy. I think I need to get nude perfection, £4.99 is such a bargain!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited about these, they are on my wish list. You picked up some great colours, lovely finish too!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the finish is lovely, can't wait to add to the collection! x

      Delete
  6. I love the nude one! Tried them in-store the other day and they really creamy x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // My Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nude perfection looks absolutely stunning, especially underneath a layer of gloss!! need it xxx




    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard about this product before! Definitely going to check them out when I'm in-store! Thanks for the review!

    Michelle xo
    THEMDNBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to buy the nude shade and keep it classy. I spotted Boots has a 3 for 2 promo on Maybelline at the moment, so I will pop in there tomorrow to grab some of these. :)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look lovely on you Sarah! I adore a lipstick pencil thing, but me and matte just don't go well together. What a bargain too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thank you! I bet they suit you just fine! x

      Delete
  11. Lovely colours, especially the nude one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig