Friday 11 September 2015

MY TOP FIVE EYE SHADOW PALETTES



I think that eye shadow palettes are one of the most exciting make up products that you can buy, or at least it's a close call between them and lipsticks.  I love coming across a new set of shades, especially if there are some lovely nudes or rose golds or dark smokey colours thrown in!  
I've picked my all time favourites (so far...there's always room for more) out which all take pride of place in my collection.  

First up is the Maybelline The Nudes palette (£10), which has 12 matte and shimmer shades from a bold copper and bronze to very light whites and greys.  So many different looks can be created from this absolute bargain of a palette, and the pigmentation is really good - even with the lightest shades, which I use for highlighting or dotting in the corners of my eyes.  

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette (top middle, £32) is another favourite; it has the perfect mixture of nudes and browns and the quality of them is incredible.  They are the sort of shades that you only need one sweep of to get a good colour payoff, and the colours themselves are just beautiful and so flattering.

My top budget palette is hands down the Make Up Revolution Iconic 3 (right, £4), which has a gorgeous selection of rose gold, pink and mauve shades.  The quality of these shades is excellent considering it costs less than a fiver, and you can create lots of beautiful day to night looks with them too.  

The Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette (bottom, £38) is the newest addition to my make up collection, but it's already become a firm favourite.  I did a full review of it here, but it's made it to my firm favourites because I just love all of the shades in it - you can easily go from day to night with them and with twelve colours to choose from there is a look in there for everyone. 

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette (middle, £38) - need I say more?!  This is the stuff that eye shadow dreams are made of.  I use this palette usually on nights out or special occasions, mainly because of the dramatic look you get with it but also because I just never want it to run out!  There is a highlight, base and crease shade as well as a glitter top shade and the three of them together look absolutely stunning.  I would 100% recommend trying this, I can't wait to try another palette from the collection.  

So there are my five favourite palettes!  Are there any here that you love?  What are your favourites? xx




SHARE:

9 comments:

  1. Love the photography in this post! And I'm a massive eyeshadow lover/wearer/hoarder!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try out the Too Faced palettes. Do you find any fall out with the shimmery shades? x

    Megan | http://meganjeann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of the Too Faced one, and the fact it is so compact makes it even better!
    Maddy // £100 FeelUnique Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Too Faced chocolate palette & my most recent fave is Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour palette! I'm a bit of a palette addict. Love the CT Dolce Vita palette too xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try the Too Faced palette. It looks gorgeous! My favourite one has to be the Naked Smoky though! x

    http://damlatuzun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I need to get my hands on this CT palette, everyone seems to love it! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot tell you how much I loved this post!!! Literally all the palettes you mentioned I either love and own or else are on my wishlist!! I'm really hoping to get my hands on the Dolce Vita palette soonish as it looks absolutely gorgeous!!

    Rachel | Beauty and The Bird

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos. I LOVE the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette and the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita. I definitely need to dig out the Iconic 3 again :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't own a single eye shadow palette! I just use an eyebrow palette that I also use for my brows, I'm feeling a little deprived right now haha. That Too Faced one is firmly at the top of my wishlist! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig