Thursday 24 March 2016

5 THINGS | BLOG INSPIRATION



We all lack inspiration for blog posts sometimes; I have been feeling it a bit lately - especially since I've been spending less and I'm so used to blogging about new things!  I thought I would share some of my favourite ways to get motivated again and get some fresh ideas, most of which you probably already do or have read about, but ya know a girl can try! 

  1. Go on Pinterest, Twitter, Google and find some new blogs.  I have found some amazing blogs just by searching for a particular product review etc, and I find that there's no better way to feel inspired than by enjoying reading some new material and sharing the blog love.  If you usually read beauty blogs for example, coming across a lifestyle blog that you love may inspire you to branch out into different kinds of posts.
  2. Take a break.  There's nothing worse than feeling like you have to post often if you're really not into it.  I always make random resolutions about posting more regularly etc but at the end of the day, if I don't feel like writing or am not happy with my photos I just quit and go back to it when I actually want to.  No one will love your blog if you're not loving it yourself first! (so cheesy soz)
  3. Twitter chats make everything better.  You're not going to feel inspired by talking to someone who isn't interested in make up, fashion etc - so talk to people who are!  Twitter chats are truly awful for your bank balance, but are the perfect way to feel positive and motivated again.  
  4. Take your camera everywhere.  Or your phone.  Take photos of anything and everything, look back through them at home and chances are you will find something that you'll want to talk about - even if it's a review of the restaurant where you photographed your dinner! 
  5. Buy a nice new notepad.  Every blogger loves stationary, right?  It might just be me, but when I get a fancy new notepad I just find myself scribbling (read: practising my best handwriting) down ideas and planning posts that I didn't realise were formed in my head yet!  
Let me know your own thoughts and what you do when you're in need of some motivation! xx


SHARE:

13 comments:

  1. I definitely think having a break helps - really helps you gather your thoughts and stuff!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on and off having a break lately and it really helps to take some of the pressure off of yourself xx

      Delete
  2. I love Twitter chats, they always inspire me!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find looking through magazines (whether online, or in paper form) really helpful!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant tips, I use every single one :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I need to take my own advice a bit more I think haha xx

      Delete
  5. I love reading your blog. Great stuff. I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these tips! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great writing inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post.. Thanks for sharing Sarah! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig